Mahindra TUV300 – Battle Tank Design
Toughest SUV of the Country
Launched in the price range of Rs. 6.98 lakh to Rs. 9.20 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Mahindra TUV300 will take on the likes of Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Creta and others in the league. The vehicle has been made available in a total of 7 variants spread across three trims – T4, T6 and T8. Powering the TUV300 is a 1.5-litre mHawk80 engine that, mated to either a 5-speed manual or automated manual transmission (AMT), churns out 84bhp and 230Nm.
The country’s largest utility vehicle maker, Mahindra & Mahindra,opened bookings for the much-awaited sub-compact SUV – theTUV300 – on September 1, 2015. Interested folks can pre-book the car by paying a token amount of Rs. 20,000 at any Mahindra dealership across India. Set to launch on September 10, 2015, the TUV300 will be positioned above the slow-selling Quanto, and will take on the Ford EcoSport upon its launch.
Here’s what you need to know about this upcoming Mahindra sub-compact SUV:
1) The TUV300 is a sub-4 metre 7-seater compact SUV. The Quanto was built on similar lines and this too will have space for 5 passenger seats as usual, and 2 side facing jump seats at the rear
2) The car will get clear lens head-lamps, toothed front grille, and a gloss black D-pillar
3) The all-new TUV300 is built on a new ladder-frame chassis, and its design is inspired by a “battle tank”
4) The SUV will house an engine based on the mHawk architecture – the mHawk80
5) Mahindra says though the TUV300 is a true blue SUV, it won’t get 4WD
6) The Mahindra TUV300 will be offered in 3 variants, namely, T4, T6, and T8
7) As far as its colour options are concerned, it will get a choice of 6: White, Red, Black, Silver, Blue, and Orange
8) The Mahindra TUV300’s cabin will get black-beige interiors and electronically adjustable outside rear view mirror among other provisions
MAHINDRA TUV300 Price:Rs. 6.98 Lakhs – 9.20 Lakhs