MPSBM and IFGE to organize at Indore
Bamboo is of vital importance from ecological, commercial and socio-economic points of view. Bamboo occupies an unparalleled position in plant kingdom in terms of its distribution, diversity and uses in the tropics and subtropics. Bamboo has more than 1500 documented uses and is widely used as paper and rayon manufacture, construction, architecture, engineering, handicraft, food and medicine.
Primary Objective: Soliciting global cooperation in bamboo sector making bamboo as the change agent for poverty alleviation and climate change.
Objectives of Global Bamboo Summit-2016
1. Identify Challenges and Opportunities of Bamboo sector through deliberations.
2. Solicit global cooperation for making bamboo as the change agent for poverty alleviation & climate change.
3. Enhance cooperation amongst countries by facilitating interactions between Government and key stakeholders.
4. Provide a platform for exchanging innovative ideas, best management practices and key developments in bamboo sector across the world.
5. Promote entrepreneurship and enterprise development in bamboo sector.
6. Streamline policy and legal framework for fostering bamboo growth story.
Why Attend The Event?
With the goal of uplifting the bamboo sector in India, and for giving this crucial sector a platform, you are invited to Global Bamboo Summit 2016 to take part in the deliberations on the overall economic benefits this sector could provide to the nation. The exposure and inputs provided by prominent speakers really helped this cause a great deal and now we can look forward to take movement further.
Bamboo is a multipurpose agro-forestry crop, has been an integral part of the Indian culture. It also fairs well on key sustainability parameters.
Social security- About 8.6 million Indians depend upon Bamboo for their livelihoods.
Ecological sustainability- One plant can sequester 400 kg of CO2.
Economic viability- About Rs 50,000 Crore worth of market exists for bamboo and its products.
Mr. Bhagwan Bux Singh
Mission Director, MP State Bamboo Mission
CEO, MP State Bamboo & Bamboo Crafts Development Board
Madhya Pradesh Government, Forest Department
Address: Khel Parisar, 74 Bungalows Bhopal (MP) – 462003
Mobile: +91 9424790080
Contact: +91-755-2555524, 2674341
Local Contact List: DFO Indore – 9425792326
DFO Dewas – 9424792126
Local Travel Co-ordinator: AK Pali – 9827055266
SK Pali 9893055266
Indian Federation of Green Energy
603, Rohit House, 3 Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi-110001
Mr. Sandeep Theng
Mobile: +91- 8108990087