Make a film in 50 hrs…..be a next Showman 🙂
In an age where filmmaking has become hobby more than a profession, India Film Project is an online and on-ground platform for you to make a film over the weekend, away from your huff-buff schedule, and showcase it to people around and get awarded. It’s not a cakewalk, and certainly not when all you have to make a film in 50 hours. With a handful of hours with you to make your passion a reality, all you have to do is write the nicest script, select the most appropriate locations, get the people do acting, do the edit, compose a grabbing music and make the best possible film adhering to the competition theme.
Apart from filmmaking, IFP also includes Film Festival, Workshops, Masterclass, Panel Discussion and Cinema Exhibitions.
IFP, earlier known as Ahmedabad Film Project, a national filmmaking entity which started from Ahmedabad. More than 600 people from across the country participated in 2011 Edition making 86 films in 48 hours. 2012 Edition saw more than 1500 participants producing 120 films.
2013 edition saw IFP going both on-ground and online with participants making films in their respective cities and not travelling to Ahmedabad for the same. Almost 320 films were made in 50 hours, with a participation of 4200+ people throughout the nation.
IFP went international in 2014 with participation by 10600+ filmmakers from 11 countries and 168 cities. 610+ Films were made in 50 hours
Versatile and Award winning Popular Bollywood directors such as Shyam Benegal, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Shoojit Sircar, Hansal Mehta, Vikramaditya Motwane, Nikhil Advani, Umesh Shukla, Omung Kumar, Sanjay Gadhvi, Bejoy Nambiar, Rajesh Mapuskar and film critic Komal Nahta have served as juries at IFP previously.
The Fifth edition this year is projecting a participation of 15000+ participants, producing 1000+ films in 50 hours.
For any further queries,
Call us on : 09727299070
Or mail us on : email@example.com
Visit us : http://indiafilmproject.co/
A. Time Period
1. India Film Project filmmaking hours are scheduled to begin from September 18th, 8:00 pm onwards and end on September 20th,10:00 pm.
2. Participants need to submit their movie by the upload link provided in their registered mail ID.
3. Apart from Uploading the film, the teams are required to sign and submit the documents online.
4. The upload link will be sent as soon the competition begins and will be closed at the end of the competition.
5. Only films submitted before the deadline will be officially part of the competition.
B. Tasks – Each team has to perform following tasks in the given period of 50 hours.
3. Location and Art Design
6. Dubbing and Background Music
7. Color Correction and Rendering
8. Compressing below 250 MB
9. Uploading via link sent on registered mail ID.
C. However, the team can perform these tasks before the 50 hours period.
1. Organizing Crew
2. Organizing Cast
3. Securing Equipments
4. Scouting/Securing Locations
D. Entire film must be shot within the filmmaking period and the team needs to provide a proof as and when needed.
1. A team cannot use stock footage or footage created earlier.
2. Photographs can be used in a film, only if the team has the rights to use them.
E. Team members will get the theme online on September 18th, 2014, 8:00pm at official website www.indiafilmproject.co
1. The theme of competition will be revealed through SMS, Email, Facebook and Twitter as well
2. Along with theme, 5 different genres will also be provided during the launch of competition.
3. Teams are free to choose any one genre. All teams are requested to get updates regarding the competition on Facebook page:www.facebook.com/IndiaFilmProject
F. All team members must be volunteers.
G. A team can use digital camera (higher than 480p video capture) or any type of video or film camera may be used, however, a maximum of only three cameras may be used to shoot film. Microphone must be an integrated part of a camera or an external microphone should be used. Shooting through mobile phones is not allowed.
H. Teams are encouraged to work with a local composer and musicians to write and record music for the films. It is permissible for a participating group to use pre-recorded music; however the team must have the rights to any music used in its film.
I. The finished film must be a minimum of 5 minutes in duration, and a maximum of 8 minutes in duration—not including end credits.
J. End credits at the end of each film are limited to a maximum of 60 seconds. The 60 seconds is over and above the maximum length of 8 minutes.
1. The end credits must mention: “This film was made for India Film Project 2015″
2. Opening titles are considered to be part of the film, and hence count in total duration of your film.
K.The final video must be uploaded in MOV/MPEG-4/WMV format.(Uploaded video should be strictly below 250 MB). The film titles should have:
1. 5 seconds of black
2. A title card with: team name, Film name, Genre, and Year.
3. 2 seconds of black
4. Your film
L. Each team must submit all the signed agreements for cast, crew, music and locations, etc within 48 hours of uploading the film. All these documents will be sent to team leader via e-mail before the competition. The film will not be selected until the documents are received.
M. For being eligible for the Project:
1. Films must be the original work of the team and must not infringe third-party’s rights
2. Must be suitable for publication and not contain obscene or indecent material
3. Must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity
4. Must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity
5. Must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; and may not contain any copyrighted elements not owned by team.
6. Films containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the IFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
N. India Film Project and Project Parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify Films deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
O. India Film Project team may add to or amend these rules at any time prior to the beginning of the filmmaking period, without informing the participants.